Friday, June 29, 2012

Fish Bone Stuck In My Throat


Source: Google Image
Not so amusing but a fish bone got stuck in my throat while having lunch yesterday. I tried reaching it with my fingers - index and thumb, but was to no avail. I went to hospital 'Emergency Department' and told a doctor but apparently he was frigging busy 'mostly chit chatting' and I was asked to wait outside. I waited for an hr with much optimism that as long as that fish bone is pulled out I should walk out of that door - happy with an easy feeling. However, the doctor either forgot or has ignored me. When I showed up to him again, he had that look as if I was consulting him for the first time and asked, "Yes, what is it?" So, guess what? I had to repeat all over again…the fish bone getting stuck in my throat... Surprisingly, he still seemed least worrisome about my situation and to which he asked a ‘brother’ to take a look at it. I followed brother to ‘dressing room’, where I was offered a stool to sit on and a lamp was pulled closed to my wide opened mouth. He tried pulling out the fish bone but was barely able to see where it was stuck in the first hand. Finding no help, I had to return home. The night was sleepless with the bone constantly poking. Drinking water was just another pain to add.
Not long enough, the sudden pain in my throat from the bone again disturbed my sleep. And I woke up to find the sun was already up. The pain was no better yet I continued with my morning ‘wash up’. By then, my mom had the breakfast ready to be served, which was always the case. So, I grabbed a mug and plate, filled both with ‘suja’ and rice. Even while I was eating, I could still feel the bone poking. And you may call this magic but when I was done with my breakfast I found out that the bone that has been poking overnight and morning finally disappeared. It was as though a prank was pulled onto me by one of my ‘never-nice-friend’.
So, I am not sure if I should be worrying in consulting a doctor to make sure the bone is not there for once and all?   

No comments: